Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

loss of radio and info from dashboard screen it just has the

loss of radio and info from dashboard screen it just has the BMW logo - working one minute then came back from shopping and its dead - any ideas please
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
Are you referring to the idrive screen?
What model is the car?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Steve - yes the idrive screen only shows the BMW logo

BMW 1 series 160d

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
This is usually a failure of one of the control units on the idrive system (nav, radio, bluetooth/phone, etc).
In temrs of things you can try, you can unhook the car battery for an hour to see if the system will reboot, and also check your fuses.
If the issue remains, the next step will be to have the vehicle scanned with a factory bmw scan tool or equivalent to see which module may be faulted.
Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Steve where do I find the fuses for the idrive on a 2013 Series 1 160d ?

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.

the fuses are behind a small panel in the glove box

there is a card in the fuse box that tells you what fuse is for what. you need to check all related to any audio/communication/entertainment, per this card.

more than likely it is not a fuse to be honest