Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My BMW 530 D is almost eleven years old and has covered around

My BMW 530 D is almost eleven years old and has covered around 185,000 km. Apart from regular servicing, consumables, cosmetic bodywork and replacement of three injectors, it has been utterly reliable throughout its life and is a joy to drive. Two years ago I had the main BMW dealer here in France check out everything, change all fluids etc. but the dashboard now tells me that an oil service is due.I must now decide whether to go to BMW again, to a the nationwide franchise (Roady - roughly equivalent to Halford's, I guess) or to rely on my local garage. Considering the age of the vehicle, should I consider going beyond a simple oil change, for preventive maintenance: what do you recommend pls? I am a 75 yearold pensioner and would like my Car to last me out. Money is tight. Many tks.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

hello,

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

For an oil change there is no need to go to a bmw agent, this is a very very simple task that can be completeted by any garage.

At this mileage, there are not a lot of other defined services. If you wish to have other items checked, it would really require an inspection to be carried out to identify potential problem areas.

However, one thing I would recommend would be a water pump and thermostat replacement and coolant hose replacement if all of these parts are original.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.