Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Is it normal for the steering alignment to be significantly

Is it normal for the steering alignment to be significantly affected by replacing a shock absorber & then resetting the edc system?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

I would not say that it should be SIGNIFIICANTLY affected, but the alignment does need to be reset after these repairs, so it is expected that it be off

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle