Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

parking distance sensor will not work on car after fitting

parking distance sensor will not work on car after fitting new ones, this is on bmw 523i estate touring , rear sensors
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
why were the sensors all replaced?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes every one of them on rear bumper

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I asked why all sensors were replaced. surely not every sensor failed at the same time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no but well I got bumper off I changed all of them , at the time it was forward think if one had packed up then it would not be long before the rest would so I changed all of them at the same time

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated on a saturday. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

the most likely cause is the one is defective or not installed/connected correctly, which can bring the entire system offline

when the car is in reverse the sensors should be making a clicking noise when you put your ear close to each one. any that are not clicking are bad/disconnected

the only other possibility would be a module fault, but this would require proper computer diagnostics to verify/diagnose fully

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.