Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Hi my engine exhaust emission light has

Hi my engine exhaust emission light has come on and have code which is2738 could you please tell me what it is that I need to get thank you if you need to ring please do on xxxxxxxxx ask for eddie

Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

hello,

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

this is a catalytic converter code

the most common cause is a failed cat

the other possibilities are faulty o2 sensors or an exhaust leak near one of the o2 sensors or a simple clogging of the cat

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.