Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I am considering buying a BMW 3 series coupe - registered in

I am considering buying a BMW 3 series coupe - registered in 2008 in Ireland.
have there been any issues with this car - something about coils and a recall required?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

what is the milage?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its just over 50,000 miles - one careful lady owner !!

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

there have been coil recalls.

the only way to know for sure if this specific is impacted is to have its vin checked by BMW corporate or a BMW main dealer to see if a) the recall applies and b) if the recall has been carreid out.

thre are also some software issues on this car but usually a reprogramming to the latest version can resolve them.

50,000 is pretty low milage so there is likely some decent trouble free mileage left in this vehicle if properly cared for

regardless, it is a good idea to invest in a third party inspection of the vehicle by a professsional mechanic prior to purcahse to ensure there are no imminent failures or signs of repaired accident damage.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Steve, BMW Expert
Experience: BMW Expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Steve

One final question; where part/area of the car does the coil relate to?

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

it is connected to the spark plugs. part of the ignition system.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Steve

I rated you earlier and assume that if I rate you for a second time that I will not be charged again?

Peter

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
If you rate again you will likely be charged again. If you do not wish to be charged again, do not rate.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Steve

I was getting to many emails I decided to rate you again. Can you ensure that I will not be charged a second time.

Peter

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

you have only rated once

if you tried to rate a second time then it did not go through

if you do rate a second time, you will be charged.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok - maybe the first rating did not go through properly.

It would be totally wrong if I was charged twice so hopefully this will not happen.

I will contact the site if this happens.