Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 3 series diesel BMW first registered in March 2006.

I have a 3 series diesel BMW first registered in March 2006. There is no button to turn off the airbags. How far do they deploy? Is it safe to put the passenger seat right back and put a child on the front seat for a short journey? Thank you
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Measurements do not exist for airbag deployment distance.
It is NOT safe to place a child in the front.
Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.