Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My key fobs don't lock and unlock I've had them checked and

My key fobs don't lock and unlock I've had them checked and the fobs are working ok the key locks the car fine but not the fobs it's a 2006 X5
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
how were the fobs checked and verified as working?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There were checked by a meter by a firm that repair and replace key fobs they have been doing this for 15 years and are nation wide firm . And as they say two fobs would not just not work at the same time .

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

in that case then the remote receiver has failed on your vehicle, or the control module which controls central locking and access has partially failed.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.