Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

my bmw x5 2006 model computer display & sat nav cuts in and

Customer Question

my bmw x5 2006 model computer display & sat nav cuts in and out loosing picture.screen goes clear then jumps back into life on its own/any suggestions?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated on a weekend. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

I would unhook the vehicle battery for an hour to reset the entire system, and also check for any loose connections at the nav computer and at the screen

if the connections check out, you are likely looking at either a failed screen or failed nav computer, which will require parts replacement to rectify. this is not uncommon on this generation of nav

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.