Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 2011 335d coupe and have recently suffered arm damage,

I have a 2011 335d coupe and have recently suffered arm damage, making slow speed manoeuvres difficult. Can the steering be lightened ?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

hello

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

unfortunately there is no way for the steering to be lightened on this vehicle, the system cannot be altered as it is hydraulic

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was hoping variable geared active steering might be able to be retrofitted.

I do struggle and my condition is permanent. I love the car and would hate to have to change it

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.

I am sorry but active steering cannot be retrofitted,

as the question has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating. thank you