Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

HI...IN MY BMW 525d 03 reg,on the board i have this sign:DDE

HI...IN MY BMW 525d 03 reg,on the board i have this sign:DDE AND THE ENGINE IS STOPING OR IS WORKING VERY BAD.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
What is your question about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have DDE sign on my board...what is the problem?

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
The problem is that an engine fault has been sensed due to a component fault. Unfortunately this symbol is not specific and is only intended to inform the driver that a fault has been sensed. There are dozens and dozens of things that can trigger this light.
The good news is that the car logs a record of the fault that can be read out using a diagnostic computer to pinpoint the fault
So, at this time, the next/only step is to have the fault memory read out as this is the ONLY way to verify the underlying fault that is triggering the light. Commonly a fuel system or throttle issue is the cause, but there is no way to know or guess without having the fault logs read out.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok...thank you...

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome. Please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating.