Shantal-Mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator

I have an E53 X5 4.8is.

Customer Question

I have an E53 X5 4.8is. The heater will not heat the car. I have checked and found no problems with the radiator, water pumps, replaced the thermostat 'hedgehog' and had reconditioned the heater control panel of the dashboard.
The car is running at the correct temp on the water temp guage and the oil temp guage.
can you ofeer any suggestions please?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

the most common cause of this would be a failed heater valve that is stuck shut.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the suggestion. The car has two of those on, one for each side.

They were checked very early on and are okay.

Your suggestion is fine but is of no benefit, thanks.

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I would check the heater core for a restriction then, and validate externally that the engine is reaching temp.
Pas the request for suggestions has been fulfilled, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating, thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All previously done.
I have asked because I was hoping that as a BMW expert that something more specific would come to light.
Thank you for your suggestions.
Everything you have said is sensible down to earth basic procedure that would apply to any vehicle. I have tried all that, too much to document here.
I do not wish to leave a less than positive response. However I have no benefit from yours that I feel warrants taking money from my card.
I was hoping for something more specific to the make and model of the car that would apply to 'expert' advice.
I hope you understand.
Many thanks.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Probably best not to bother thanks.

I hope I haven't had any money taken from my credit card.

Thanks for trying.