Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My BMW 740D F01 has a vibration issue between the speeds of

My BMW 740D F01 has a vibration issue between the speeds of 65mph - 80mph which happens during acceleration and cruising. This was the same problem on my 730D F01. I have had all four tyres replaced and the balancing done on a road force machine and the hunter alignment carried out all in the same visit. The car still has the same problem. The type people think it is a drive train issue now and not a wheel issue. Any thoughts?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
If it is not from any of the wheels or related to alignment, then I would agree it could be drive line related. It could also be a sticking brake caliper or play / a defect in the suspension system, so I would also have these checked.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.