Robert
Robert, BMW Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

my BMW 330CI's reversing sensors have stopped working. Can

my BMW 330CI's reversing sensors have stopped working. Can you tell me what I need to do please?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Firstchecks ideally is to ensure the brake lights do work when selected - the next stage is to check the plug connections on the back of the sensors aren't loose or and too pretty much trace the wiring to the actual control module-pdc "Park Distance Control Module" which could be your problem here / also check for any obvious across on the sensors signs of small cracks or possible signs they may of been hit without your knowledge - when the reverse is selected which can be done with the ignition turn on only to check those...quite often you maybe able to check a faulty parking sensor by first putting the ignition on then select reverse then by placing your finger over each sensor in turn and you should feel a sort of slight tingling from it or listen very carefully to each one in turn preferable without any background noise if possible and listen for a faint ticking sound..if you don't hear or feel anything from one of them - then thats likly to be the fualty sensor if the others work - as one sensor can sometimes shut the whole system down..However the usual prefered method in all cases with that particular system bearing in mind everything else has been checked above would be diagnostic route..but first maybe try the methods of checking above and see whats found..I do hope this helps..If you require to ask anything further or include anything else then please continue before you rate