Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Hi, I need a replacement Auto gearbox for my 535D 2004, I can't

Hi, I need a replacement Auto gearbox for my 535D 2004, I can't afford a new one so am looking at second hand units. My engine code is M57 306 D4, and according to th 'real oem' website the part No. for my gearbox is *********** Its a GA6HP26Z gearbox, but i've been told that several gearboxes will fit my engine. I'm very confused about which ones will actually fit, so any help would be much appreciated. The VIN number for the car is:WBANC92060B890441.
Thanks very much !
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

hello

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

the only way to 100% guarantee compatability of a replacement transmission is to have a transmission with the EXACT same BMW PART NUMBER installed. Not the same manufacturer designation, but the identical BMW part number (11 digits).

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.