Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have just had a complete lockdown on my bmw x6 I suspect

I have just had a complete lockdown on my bmw x6 I suspect that it may be the immobiliser
that has activated or a flat battery. how do i reset it if it is the immobiliser
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

can you please describe what symptoms you have labelled as a "complete lockdown" and also what you have tried (everything possible - what does this entail?)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Steve

I'm pleased to inform you that I've now sorted the problem out. It was

as i suspected a flat battery which I was able to recharge via the

connections in the engine compartment.I must read the handbook

more thoroughly in future but in this instance it was in the glove compartment which was one of the items locked down. Sods law!!!

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I suspected that it was the battery as the vehicle has no ability to go into any kind of lockdown. Glad you got it sorted.