Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

the problem with my 2002 BMW X5 4.4 aUTO SPORT is I can't open

Customer Question

the problem with my 2002 BMW X5 4.4 aUTO SPORT is I can't open the rear top hatch from outside nothing happens when I press the pad,also when I try to open it with the button in the the front it just clatters like its locking and unlocking 3 or 4 times and its still locked. The only way I can open it is with the manual puller in the boot.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

hello.

can you please clarify what your question is? what information are you seeking about this?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello,whats causing the problem and how can i fix it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

did you not get my full explanation of of the problem?

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

the most likely cause of this is simply that the lock itself has failed and needs to be replaced. It is possible that it might need to be adjusted, but failure is more likely.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.