Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hi, I have a 116 I ES 58 plate, I have been having trouble

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 116 I ES 58 plate, I have been having trouble with it starting so I replaced the stop start button. This seemed to rectify the problem but then after about a week it started playing up again. It seems to take a while for it to fire up and is really sluggish and then gets going. It is an intermittent problem and happens on a hot or cold start.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

please describe the symptoms in more detail. what does "It seems to take a while for it to fire up and is really sluggish and then gets going" mean?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I push the stop start button, the engine will try to go and will start on tick over and takes a short while for the rev counter to rise and the engine run smooth.