Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

ABS/ASC lights not on from cold but stay on, on restart, when

ABS/ASC lights not on from cold but stay on, on restart, when engine is hot - any thought garage have replaced the apparent faulty sensor (O/S/R)
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated on a saturday. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
These lights come on when there is a fault in the system and it is not functioning
This means that there is either another sensor that is at fault besides the one that was replaced, or that the control computer for abs/asc itself is faulty.
Based on how your symptoms manifest, I would suggest the computer (module) is most likely the issue. The fault logs will needto be read from the car to verify and/or signals from each sensor monitored.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.