Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375
BMW

Car juddering and braking and dsc light flashes intermittently.

Have to drive with dtc... Show More
Have to drive with dtc illuminated then no problem. Also keep getting red flat tyre symbol. Check tyre pressures and everything is ok
Category: BMW
Show Less
replied 2 years ago.
can you please clarify what your question is about this?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
I want to know what the problem is? Something simple like a sensor or faulty computer. Been told both in forums ranging from £100 to £2000. Obviously the latter I'll scrap it lol
Steve, BMW Expert replied 2 years ago.
what faults are logged in the car's computer memory?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
None. No 'check'. All I have is exclamation mark next to mileage
Steve, BMW Expert replied 2 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

the problem is that your DSC system thinks the car is slipping and is cutting in when it should not be.

this is a very sophisitacted system with a number of sensors and a computer module that inform it.

the problem could be as simple as a bad sensor signaling a slip event, but it could also be the control computer itself.

the ONLY way to verify is via computer diagnostics which can read faults from the system and monitor the sensor readings to identify if any are out of spec.

so, the cost could range from a few hundred to over a grand, but you will need to invest in a proper diagnostic to verify with certainty the cause - this is a requirement based on the deisgn and function of the system.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.