Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

BMW 650i , 2011 , 36000mls , service due in 2000mls; Suspicious

BMW 650i , 2011 , 36000mls , service due in 2000mls;
Suspicious facts : coolant level under minimum , coolant liquid missing , yellow foam inside engine oil , engine oil black !
What could be the problem?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
Does the vehicle over heat or smoke heavily from the exhaust?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Temperature is normal I guess arround 110celsius and no smoke trough exhaust
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
If the coolant level is in deed low, it can only be leaking or be being consumed by the engine.
On the surface your symptoms suggest a breach between the cooling system and combustion chamber - likely a blown head gasket.
It is also possible that you could have a coolant leak and other sludge build up reason.
I would suggest you hve proper testing for a blown head gasket carried out as a next step, either a chemical test or leak down test.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know everything you say is true - the coolant goes into the burning chamber , as many other mechanics told me this ; the car is in warranty with BMW , they say there is no problem with the car ! If this problem is left unsolved the engine will soon die! What do you reckon I should do?
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I would suggest you involve bmw customer service from head office or threaten legal action. These are really the only options.
As the original question "what could be the problem" has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating, thank you.