Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My BMW 318IA went into limp mode when I lost the alternator.

My BMW 318IA went into limp mode when I lost the alternator. I have since replaced both the battery and alternator with new ones but the transmission stays in limp mode. Does it need resting by a mechanic?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Having the fault cleared with a scan tool may help, yes.
However, there may be a fault still present/active, to resolve you will need to have the fault logs read.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.