Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

hi i have a bmw 318 ci sport convertable 2.0 ltr petrol 2004

Customer Question

hi i have a bmw 318 ci sport convertable 2.0 ltr petrol 2004 model i have been losing anti freeze constantly but no sign of it on ground under the car also the dipstick for the oil is creamy colour when pulled out to have a look also took the oil filler cap off and that has fluffy creamy colour under it to have been told possibly cylinder head gaskett gone or possible cooling system problem . please could you give me some professional advice about it also is my car safe to drive if i keep topping the cooilent up.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
Can you please. Clarify what kind of advice you are seeking? It is hard to answer general requests.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

im asking you what is the problem they were some ideas ive been told that it could be so do you know what is the problem with it

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
It is most likely a blown head gasket or worse (cracked head or block). There is simple testing that can be preformed to verify, so this should be carried out.
I would not continue to drive it like this.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.