Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

hi, I have a 2005 BMW 530i SE the i drive has stopped working

hi, I have a 2005 BMW 530i SE the i drive has stopped working today , the CD's eject okay but the BMW logo is the only thing on the screen.
I was talking on my phone when I got in the car, and it tried to connect to the blue tooth when this happened.
The BMW logo is the only thing showing, I have disconnected the battery for 5 min but still doing the same. I also tried holding the two eject buttons with the mute button.
Any other things I can try?
Regards,
MArk.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

there are not a lot of other things you can try at home, but I would suggest unhooking the battery for a full hour, and also checking all fuses

if the issue is not resolved, then unfortunately this points to hardware failure of one of the components in the idrive system - commonly the main computer, phone/bluetooth module or power supply module

this will require proper diagnostics and parts replacement, as well as reprogramming.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.