Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

this a bmw x5 i have no power to number plate lights dont

this a bmw x5 i have no power to number plate lights dont know where the fuse is have checked front fuse board cant identfy it there or in rear of boot,i have a left hand side tail light rotten from rust and no break light need new lamp complete,would this cause this number plate not to light.regards brian
Category: BMW
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Brian,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still have not got an answer problem still the same

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I haven't had a reply as yet

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
hello
are you asking which fuse is for these lights?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I need to know witch fuse for number plate lights and secondly does the circuit board being burnt out on left rear lamp have any berning on this problem regards brian.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes witch fuse and where can o locate it and the fact left rear lamp is burnt out would this cause number plate lights not to work

thanks

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

these lights are not independently fused, so there is no fuse for them alone

it is possible that the issue at the other lamp could cause this, yes, as could another similar issue at the plate lamps

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Steve, BMW Expert
Experience: BMW Expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a new lamp ordered do you think this will solve my problem regards brian

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
it may, you will also need to check the wiring to the rear lamps as
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok I will try tomorrow when I receive new lamp thank you I will let you know how I get on regards brian