Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Hi :) My cd player has stopped working. Its the 6x cd in the

Hi :)
My cd player has stopped working. Its the 6x cd in the glove box type. I just get the message "Disk in changer is unreadable or unsupported" The cds are all fine & have been in the unit for some time & all worked perfectly until now.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Shane.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

hello

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

I would suggest you unhook the car battery for an hour to reset the system

if you still get the same error then unfortunately you most likely just have a simple failed CD changer which will require it be replaced or best case reprogrammed.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.