Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 320i sport bmw which had a flat tyre when I pump the

Customer Question

I have a 320i sport bmw which had a flat tyre when I pump the tyre back up and took for a spin I notice the ride was not the same it seems to bouce along the road can you help I admit I did pump it up to 50psi then took it back down to 35psi as I was told that was the correct pressure but the ride was still the same could it be shock absorber

Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

did this issue only appear after the tyre went flat then was refilled with air?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it did, but also noticed that when I pumped tyre up it popped.

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
The problem is not a shock or anything else. The tyre or rim is likely damaged. More likely the tyre. You should replace at least two tyres at this point, the one that went flat and the one opposite it.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

will it make any difference at all that they are run flat tyres, also they have loads of tread on them,it seems like a waste of tyre to change them

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
Before flat = no issue. After flat = issue.
The tyre is clearly the cause, it is the only thing that changed pre and post issue. Plus it was over filled and made a pop noise.
It does not make a difference that it is a run flat or not.
You can easily verify the tyre is the problem by swapping a replacement in temporarily to test.
It is unlikely this can be repaired, almost certainly the tyre needs to be replaced.