Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Hi I have a problem with my 2007 Mini R56 Cooper S The

I have a problem with my 2007 Mini R56 Cooper S
The Radio/Navigation centre console display isn't booting up.
The system seems to go through the initial start up with the Mini logo display but fails to go onto the main menu most of the time. If it does get to the main menu it stay's frozen and then tries to reboot again
I've checked the fuses and all are ok.
Any ideas?
Thanks....Kev
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

unfotunately this is usually a failure of the main nav head unit or another module in the system

I would suggest you unhook the car battery for an hour, this will reboot the system fully and can sometimes clear out a glitch.

if the issue persists, then unfortunately you are dealing with component failure of some kind which will require proper diagnosis and parts replacement, as well as reporgramming. Again this is usually the main head unit, but can also be another module (bluetooth, etc) that takes the whole system down. There is specialized testing that can be carried out with a BMW/MINI diagnostic comptuer to verify.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.