Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Hi, have a 2003 320d sport all funtions normally until i turn

Customer Question

Hi, have a 2003 320d sport all funtions normally until i turn off the ignition at which point brake lights come on and stay on, eevn with key out, can you help
Category: BMW
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
hello,

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

this is likely a faulty lamp module (aka light switch center) or possibly a faulty ignition switch. I would start here. A fault scan on a factory BMW scan tool (not a basic dtc reader) will likely reveal the issue with certainty.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.