Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I hace a BMW 330i 205. The steering is very hard. I have had

Customer Question

I hace a BMW 330i 205. The steering is very hard. I have had the pump and oil changed but with no difference. Can you help please !
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

hello,

it is hard to know how to answer a request for "help"

can you please clarify what information you are seeking or what question you would like answered?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Steve

Thank you for your rssponse. I am pleased to hear that you are there to help me with my problem.

You have the details of my car. The current mileage is only 76,000.

My family have similar BMW and Mercedes, and when they drive my car, same as me, they find the steering very difficult and hard to turn around,specially, if we need to park the car. It is an effort.

So i took the car to the garage, who first changed the oil, as the oil was dark green in colour and had never been changed. That made no difference. They then suggested that they will put a new steering box. That came from BMW but that also did not make the slightest bit of difference.

They then suggested that they would do a diagonistic test and go thru each item, one at a time. That sounds a very expensuive process. I then came across your website and decided to take an experts advice.

Can you suggest and help, so that I have some assurance that I have good advice from someone like yourself.

I await your reply. Plesae reply to: *****@******.***

Thanking you in advance.

Naveen

Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hello Naveen,
Can you send me the last seven digits of the VIN number?
When you are turning do you feel that the wheel turns in a kind of notchy manner like it is normal then binds, normal then binds?
Thank you I hope I can help.
Kind Regards,
Roger