Robert
Robert, BMW Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Hi, My 3 series cut out whilst I was driving slowly last

Hi, My 3 series cut out whilst I was driving slowly last night and the yellow engine warning light came on.I am planning to drive around 80 miles return in the next few days,is it safe to do so?

Category: BMW
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

In all honesty if the car cut out resulting in the engine management light coming up..id say the best course of action from here if at all possible would be to have the ecu fault codes retrived to see exactly what sort of problem the ecu picked up on,if you with the RAC,AA then they should be able to carry that out considering most local garages maybe closed during holiday time at the moment..only then can you make judgement on whether it can be left until your journeys complete or have the fault dealt with there and then..again depending on the nature of the fault...I do hope this helps