Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

MY 05 BMW X5, DOORS WILL NOT OPEN WITH KEYS, DOORS UNLOCK WITH

MY 05 BMW X5, DOORS WILL NOT OPEN WITH KEYS, DOORS UNLOCK WITH KEY IN DRIVERS DOOR, HOWEVER THE ALARM SOUNDS GOES OFF COMES ON 2-3 TIMES MEANTIME I CAN DRIVE THE VEHICLE, BMW SAY ITS TO DO WITH THE AERIEL???
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

hello

what is your question about this?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

how do i get the remotes to work, they tried to programme the old key and the new one today, this didnt sort it they say it has to go on machine??

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated on a saturday. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

unfortuantely they are right, it does have to go on the computer.

it is either a failed general module or failed antenna

neither can be fixed, nor can the cause be verified, without putting the car on a main dealer computer

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.