Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have an e46 318i 52 reg saloon.i believe the rac fried my

Customer Question

I have an e46 318i 52 reg saloon.i believe the rac fried my clocks jump starting it.will not start just turns over.no rev counter,no speedo,no fuel gauge,in fact no lights on dash at all.outside lights all work.removed the clocks,car starts and runs every time,can I put a replacement set of clocks straight in.they are exactly the same clocks,part numbers and all specs totally match.many thanks bob
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me honest and that I receive nothing time until a positive rating is clicked.
Unfortunately you cannot just put a replacement in. A used replacement will show that the mileage has been manipulated, so this will ruin the value of the car.
The only way to replace this unit is to have a new one installed by a main dealer, as and then have it programmed at the same time to accept your vin and mileage..
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.