Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 2001 BMW x5. I was driving on the interstate doing

Customer Question

I have a 2001 BMW x5. I was driving on the interstate doing about 70 mph when my car started to run hot. I actually tried to speed up so that I could make it to the next exit so that I could get some help and maybe some water. Anyways the car wouldn't speed up and just continued to run hot. I eventually pulled over, yes the car was RED HOT. About an hour later I was able to put some water in it, thinking that was the problem. I tried to crank it, but it just clicked. I thought the battery was dead and so I got a jump off. After trying to charge the battery an hour, It only spent over slowly but didn't crank. So I had it towed home. A week later it still doesn't crank. I got a look at the spark plugs and they are just drowned in oil. I mean completely. I'm just wondering, what could possibly be the problem?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
have you tested compression, voltage, etc?