Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

, my BMW 330d wont start, I put the fob in the dash push

, my BMW 330d wont start, I put the fob in the dash push start and nothing, a pre heat warning light comes up, any ideas?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

it is difficult to know how to answer requests for "any ideas"

can you please clarify what question you want answered or what information you are seeking?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The any idea was do you have any idea what the fault could be. As i said i follow the normal procedure to start an auto bmw, i insert the key fob, press the break peddle and press the start button. when i insert the fob the dash lights up as normal. Once I press the start button the preheat warning light comes on and then changes to service. The engine does not attempt to turn, there is no clicking noises nothing!

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me honest and that I receive nothing time until a positive rating is clicked.
This is most likely a failed starter, failed key, or computer related failure with regards ***** ***** immobilizer / Car Access System.
You can try a second key, check fuses, try a jump start and unhook the battery hour, but the vehicle will likely need to be scanned with a bmw scan tool to verify the root cause.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.