Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a BMW 320D and recently when after driving a few miles

I have a BMW 320D and recently when after driving a few miles the unstable orange light flashes and car wont accelerate I had brakes checked and replaced but has done it again immediately after
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
Under what circumstances does the light start to flash?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just driving normally on motorway once you travel about 10 miles or

less the light flashes on and reduces your speed and car will not accelerate

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me honest and that I receive nothing time and the materials I have provided until a positive rating is clicked.

this is your traction control system malfunctioning and cutting in when it should not. This has nothing to do with the mechanical brakes. Most commonly it is a failed sensor or a failure of the comptuer which controls the system that malfunctions.

the only way to fully diagnose this system and pinpoint the cause is with a factory BMW scan tool which can read live data from the system and read the fault logs from the system.

this unfortunately means that you will need to invest in such diagnostics at a main dealer or bmw specialist garage that has this type of diagnostic equipment.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.