Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 08 520d E61 touring and the coolant sensor is not

I have a 08 520d E61 touring and the coolant sensor is not working which means the fan is constantly on. When we checked with the motor factors replacement they couldnt tell which sensor was needed. Where would it be located so I can check which sensor is required? Thanks
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

what is the last 7 digits of the vin of the car?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cx42050
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating
the sensor you need is the one attached to the cylinder head, part 7 in this image: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/diagrams/q/b/233.png
bmw part number 13627797957
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks , i cant see how the diagram relates to my car at the moment as it is dark out now. i will check in the morning. can i send a pic of the engine?

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
, as the original question has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating so that I receive proper credit the original question
after selecting a positive rating, if you wish to post a question or picture, you are free to do so after leaving a positive rating.
thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i cant rate the answer you have given until i know if the information is correct or not and i cant see in the dark so ill do it in the morning. Thank you.

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

the answer is correct as it was retreived from the bmw database based on your vin.

thank you in advance EXCELLENT rating.;