Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

my bmw 123d has an intermittent fault, sometimes it will

my bmw 123d has an intermittent fault, sometimes it will run perfectly fine then other times it will lose power midrange then the more I drive the car with this fault the worse it gets then when I come to a stop the car will sort of judder and cut out on me I have had the Egr cleaned but still not helped, I go out the next day an the car can be fine but then it starts to fault again any idea what this could be ?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me honest and that I receive nothing time until a positive rating is clicked.

you have asked "any idea what this could be ?"

the answer is that your symptoms point to a turbo failure of some kind.

the turbos need to be checked via thurough hands on diagnostic and all related lines checked as well

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.