Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have an X5 auto and the car keeps getting errors on - unable

I have an X5 auto and the car keeps getting errors on - unable to go into Park, says transmission error and also keeps getting the error where the power steering fails, any advice?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

hello

it is hard to know how to answer a request for "any advice"

can you please clarify what question you would like answered?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, unsure what you mean about asking for advice - never used this site before.

I am basically looking for and advice as to what the issue may be as I live in Abu Dhabi and the garages are not the most reliable!

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

your symptoms point to an internal failure of the transmission or transmission control module, or possibly a loss of fluid

unfortunately none of the warings you have are speicific, they only are intended to inform the driver that a fault is present - they simply are not meant to pinpoint the issue and cannot be used for diagnostics

the best advice I can give you, for a proper diagnostic, is to have the computer fault logs scanned from the car using a compatible scan tool at a shop with the proper equippment for this. This is how the car is meant to be diagnosed and is the ONLY way to get to the bottom of the underlying cause of your isseue.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.