Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

on my 09 320d auto a yellow loss of power symbol has come

Customer Question

Hi on my 09 320d auto a yellow loss of power symbol has come up any ideas thanks
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

hello,

what diagnostics have been carried out thus far?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No test light has gone off itself should I be worried

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated on a saturday. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

the fact the light came on indicates that an engine fault was recognized and logged by the car's computer

so, there definitely was an issue present at least momentarily

if the light comes back, this mens the issue is back and yes you should be worried if it does

if it does come back, you must have the computer fault log read out with a diagnostic scan tool to identify the underlying trigger of the warning (the light itself is not specific and only serves to notify the driver a fault is present, it MUST be diagnosed with a scan tool)

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.