Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Had an error code come up on my 2003 bmw 530. The code translated

Had an error code come up on my 2003 bmw 530. The code translated as clutch slip.. The code was reset and the car drove perfectly until I temporarily lost reverse gear today. After turning the car off it is now driving fine again. Worried it's the early sign of gearbox failure
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry but I'm not sure what your question is about this? What information are you seeking?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm worried the gearbox is on its way out because of the recent code from the ECU and then loosing reverse gear. It maybe something simple, if so I'd like to see what you think
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
The only simple thing it could really be is low fluid so this should be checked if it has not been.
Unfortunately slip codes and losing reverse typically point to an near term need to rebuild or replace the transmission.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thankyou
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome. Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating