Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Bmw 320i 2006 keeps cutting out, localgarage ( not a bmw garage)says

Bmw 320i 2006 keeps cutting out, localgarage ( not a bmw garage)says ecu is full of water will cost £1200 for ecu then find out where water has come from could cost £2000 in total does this sound correct
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
If the ecu is in fact wet, yes this sounds correct. I would advise you move the car to a bmw specialist garage or main dealer for this, though.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.