Mike
Mike, BMW Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

what does tramission fault drive moderatly mean on a bmw53

what does tramission fault drive moderatly mean on a bmw530mean
Category: BMW
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.

When you get this fault warning, it means the control computer for the transmission system, has detected a fault somewhere in the trans systems... and so it hence advises you to drive moderately - not full power / hard driving so as to protect the systems. You will often find it will not drive in any other but one gear ( 3rd ) -this is a safe system mode - again to protect the systems while its like this.

It is Im afraid impossible at this point to know where the cause of the fault lies - it could be something as simple as low trans fluid to an electrical sensor / component fault. It will have to be checked properly - this usually results in having to have a plug in diagnostic test done at a suitably equipped garage to get to the bottom of the issue you have.

Let me know if you need anything else at all.. If you do get back to me, I will get back to you asap thereafter.

Meantime , please do click on the Excellent ratings for me... I really appreciate that and Thank you....

Kind Rgds, MIKE.