Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

. I have Z3 BMW please could you tell me why Instrument

Customer Question

Hi. I have Z3 BMW please could you tell me why Instrument cluster is dead, battery is fine, their no power at all.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

are you referring to the main car battery? what has been checked beyond the battery?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi ,the man next door said my battery is dead he put is charger on it .thanks for being there.
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

the only things that can cause just the cluster not to work are:

a) blown fuse
b) bad connection at the cluster or wiring problem to the cluster
c) internal cluster failure (requires replacement

if you have not checked your fuses, I suggest you do, and also check the connections at the cluster.

if nothing is found, you unfortunately will need to have a new cluster installed as this would indicate failure. Not terribly uncommon.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.