Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

there I have 535e39it has stood I had some one

Hi there I have 535e39it has stood for 1year I had some one look at it and he said all was OK I need a new fuel pump so I put new one in and stil no good I did tell him that the led light under the mirror had stopt working and I have to lock with the key as it will not work when I pres the button on key
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

hello

what is your question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My electronic immobilzer has gone down and car will not start it will crank over but no fuel is getting to engine lhave lookt at fuses and are OK it has i have put new fuel pump in after a auto election came out and said everything OK with the electrics but I think it is my immobilzer and how do I fix it thank you mark

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

the immobilizer can only be fixed by either replacing it and having it programmed by BMW, or having it reprogrammed by BMW if it is not faulty but only out of alignment.

usually if the immobilizer fails, the car does not crank.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1. So no power to fuel pumps if not immobilzer what can it be there are no blown fuses

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating
It is usually not immobilizer - it isn't impossible, but unlikely
It can be many things:
Bad fuel pump relay or other power supply issue
Bad ecu
Bad crank sensor
Bad/wrong key
Other anti theft problem
As the original question has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating. Thank you