Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a BMW 320i SE Coupe 2009.The problem I have is with

I have a BMW 320i SE Coupe 2009.The problem I have is with the seat belt extender it does not operate.It some times extends and other times doesn't.Is it possible to rectify this myself. I understand that the ignition has to be "on"for the arm to operate.Your advice would be very much appreciated.
Richard Hodges
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
is the problem with one or both extenders?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Steve - The problem is with the extender on the passenger side.There is a problem with the extender on the drivers side,but it is of a different nature,the grabber which holds the safety belt does not do so, but I have ordered a new end section to solve this problem. There is one other point I should mention the radio goes off occasionally.

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Unfortunately if the issue is intermittent and only with one side, then this is most likely just a faulty extender, which means it will have to be replaced
The radio is not related
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the answer Steve,does this mean the whole extender or just the end section.

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating
It would be the drive portion, not just the end.