Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

, my car radio is stuck on saved stations. i can't get it

Customer Question

hi, my car radio is stuck on saved stations. i can't get it back to the list of radio stations. what to do?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

have you forgotten how to go back, or it wont let you?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

not sure. in the menu on the screen, it shows only one saved station. i have cancelled all the saved stations and have reset the selections by pressing 1 and 8 simultaneously, but this did not work. it is stuck on one and the same last saved station, because i de-selected all the other ones. but i don't know how to go to the normal list of radio stations from the "saved stations" screen.

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

it would be helpful to know what year and model your car is....

did you just get this car? I dont understand why you dont know how to go back?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes, i just got this car. it is a 2014 116i.

basically, i de-select all stations from saved menu, its empty. then when i go back to the main menu and select Radio, it shows empty screen of saved stations. it does not show list of all stations. And manual control on the wheel says Empty, i.e. it does not change stations when scrolling up or down. if helpful i can take photoshots tomorrow and attach to the message. thanks.