Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a technical question about the Adaptive M Sport Suspension

Customer Question

I have a technical question about the Adaptive M Sport Suspension option that i was hoping someone from BMW Technical support could answer as i get different messages from different dealerships.
I would like to know whether:
The Adaptive M Sport suspension results in dampeners that are *firmer* under heavy load conditions than the fixed M Sport Suspension dampeners?
Or is the firmest setting achievable on the Adaptive suspension the same as the firmness of the fixed M Sport Suspension dampeners?
So far I have had product description responses from BMW but these have not answered my question:
Adaptive M Sport suspension
Adjustable and dynamically variable suspension system. Includes Drive Performance Control with ECO PRO, Comfort, Sport and Sport+. Dampers continuously react to the road surface and driving style. Ride height is lowered by 10mm.
M Sport Suspension
Factory fitted M Sport suspension providing firmer ride and vehicle lowered by 10mm.
I then got a further explanation stating:
The Electronic Damper Control (EDC) automatically adjusts each damper setting to suit the driving conditions. In a fraction of a second, the EDC microprocessors send information to the actuators in the shock absorbers and the magnetic valves are variably adjusted to provide optimal suspension.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Happy to continue waiting for a little while longer.

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

hello,

this is not BMW technical support. were you looking for a phone number for them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** is not required.

I have contacted BMW technical support and all i get is marketing jargon which is publicly available and doesnt tell me what i would like to know.

I have contacted multiple dealerships to get them to ask BMW HQ and get differing responses which leaves me thinking nobody knows.

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

this is not the type of detail that is collected, and nobody remembers this type of thing because it is too specific. No matter what you try, I am confident that you will not get an answer.

my advice would be to drive cars with both set ups back to back and make your own determination.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your suggestion.
I dont want to rate you badly as you have done nothing wrong, but my question has been left unanswered so i would like my £20 to be refunded.
Please advise how i should proceed.