Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I am getting ratting sounds from the rear of my x5. It

Customer Question

I am getting rattilng sounds from the rear of my BMW x5 suv. It appears to be that seats and the tail gate. Apparently there is some wiggle room on the locks and they rattle while driving which is very annoying. Have you experience this issue before and if so do you have any suggestions on how to solve the problem?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

You are not the first person to have noises from their seats and trunk.

I would suggest having the tail gate and seats adjusted and tightened under your warrany.

insulation can also be added, but adjustments should be possible.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm in the British Virgin Islands and I imported my car from the USA. Where are the nearest BMW dealers for me to make a warranty claim?

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating, thank you

unfortunately I have no way to have known this.

if you have exported the car, then you have voided your warranty and you will most likey have to pay for these adjustments to be completed