Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a BMW x5 0n a 07 plate just gone to start it up

I have a BMW x5 0n a 07 plate just gone to start it up the engine hasn't turned there does't seem to be any power and the info messages state that the 4x4 and dsc have failed also that the brakes and air bags have failed the info messages flash intermittentantly the radio won't come on and the boot won't open also its now difficult to arm or rearm the alarm system, can you please advise as to what could be wrong.
Pete
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

hello

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

this would most likely be a simple flat battery, other power distriubtion failure fo some kind, or possibly control module failure

I would try a jump start if you have not, also a second key

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How would i change the battery

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating
The battery is located under the floor in the luggage compartment. The vehicle needs to be programmed by a main dealer when the battery is changed. If you are not familiar with car batteries you should not attempt this.
Again, I would suggest a jump start, not changing the battery.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Steve will try to jump start tomorrow via starter will give my mate a ring he is a mechanic with his own garage

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

good luck.

as the qusetion has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Steve

I have never jumped or charged a battery set up like the one on a X5 dont want to involve main dealer they charge an arm and a leg per hour will see what happens tomorrow thanks for your help

Pete

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
you are welcome, pleaes do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating.